Booking Terms and Conditions
The following terms apply:
"Owners" shall mean Mr and Mrs George Smith
"Customer" shall mean the individual who made the booking
"Tenants" shall mean the Customer's party
A contract shall arise only when your deposit payment has cleared and your booking is subsequently confirmed in writing via a letter of confirmation sent by post or email.
1. The Customer shall not sub-let the premises or any part thereof.
2. The number of people occupying the premises shall not exceed the number stated for the premises. In exceptional cases the owners may give permission for extra people to occupy the premises, in this case there will be an additional charge at the owners' discretion.
3. The Customer binds and obliges himself to vacate the hired premises without demand at the termination of the period of hire.
4. Pets are not allowed in the property.
5. The Owner has the right to enter the property at any reasonable time for the purpose of inspection, repair work, etc.
6. The Customer agrees to:
a. Vacate the property by 9:30am on the day of departure.
b. Pay for any losses or damages to the property, caused by the Customer or Tenants (reasonable wear and tear excluded, which for the avoidance of doubt means repairs that are decorative and wear out or come adrift in the course of reasonable use) which will be determined at the Owners’ discretion.
c. Keep the holiday property and all furniture, fittings and effects in or on the property in the same state of repair and condition as at the commencement of the holiday and must also leave the holiday property in the same state of cleanliness and general order of which it was found. A cleaning service is not provided during the letting unless otherwise specified or agreed. Should the Owner be dissatisfied with the condition of the property upon the Customer’s departure, they may refuse to take a booking from the Customer again.
d. Pay an additional charge to the Owner if extra cleaning is required as a result of the property being left in a dirty condition upon the Customer’s departure. This includes stained rugs and non-bagging of rubbish.
e. Inspect the inventory left at the property and report any discrepancies to Owner within 24 hours of arrival. If no discrepancies are reported the inventory will be deemed to be correct.
f. On arrival any complaints regarding the condition of the property, the accommodation afforded or the facilities available must be taken up within 24 hours with the Owners so that any necessary action can be taken. Any problems arising during the holiday period must be notified to the Owners within 24 hours of the problem occurring. If the Customer vacates the premises prematurely as the result of any alleged dissatisfaction, or makes any claim upon return from the holiday, and has not followed this simple procedure then no liability for any subsequent claim will be accepted or correspondence entered into. All complaints made during the holiday must be confirmed in writing to the Owners, within seven days of the last day of the holiday.
g. Permit the Owners reasonable access to the property;
h. Not to part with possession of the property, or share it, except with members of the party confirmed in the booking;
i. Not sell or transfer the booking to another party without the written agreement from the Owners
j. Not to exceed either the total number of people stipulated in the property description or the total number of people stated in the Booking Confirmation;
k. Not to have anyone other than those detailed at the time of booking and listed in the Booking Confirmation staying at the property;
l. Not to use a cot for a child over the age of 24 months;
m. Not to cause an annoyance or become a nuisance. Complaints from adjoining or nearby occupants to other Ocean Views properties regarding your behaviour may result in the Owner requiring you to leave the property immediately without a refund of any monies paid by you.
7. The Owner may treat the booking as cancelled if the balance of the payment is not received 42 days before the arrival date, and every effort will be made to re-let the vacancy.
8. The Customer undertakes to leave the hired premises secure if left unoccupied during the period of let.
9. The Customer undertakes to relieve the Owner from any liability for damage or injury, however caused, by any member of his party.
10. The Customer agrees not to use the property for hen or stag nights unless otherwise agreed by the Owner.
11. The Owner, his agents or employees, accept no responsibility for loss, injury or damage to any member of the Customer's party or their property, howsoever caused, arising in any manner out of the let of the premises.
12. The Owners reserve the right to alter prices given, due to errors or omissions .Whilst price alterations must also apply to confirmed bookings, if an increase, the Customer has the right to cancel within seven working days of notification of such price increase. If for reasons beyond the control of Owners, the property is not available, on the date booked, the Owners will refund in full all monies paid and be under no other liability.
13. The Owner/Agents reserve the right to cancel any booking within 48 hours of it having been made and refunding the full amount paid, without any further obligation.
1. Deposit. Your booking will only be confirmed following receipt of the relevant holding deposit. If a booking is made 4 weeks or more before the letting is due to start, the Customer must pay a deposit equal to 50% of the letting fee. If a booking is made 30 days before the letting is due to start, the full letting fee plus any security bond, plus any additional charges, must be paid by the Customer at the time of booking.
2. If a deposit has been made, the balance or final payment is payable 30 days before the letting is due to start (‘the Due Date’).
3. Non-payment by the Due Date will be treated as a cancellation and the deposit will be forfeited.
4. Security Bond. The Owners reserve the right to charge for any losses, damage, delayed departure or any cleaning necessary over and above normal servicing. By accepting our terms and conditions, the Customer authorises the Owner to deduct payment up to the value of £200 from the Customer’s credit card or debit card. The Customer acknowledges that this does not limit the liability for damages in excess of this amount. The security bond ensures that the property is left damage free, with keys and without the need for any excessive extra cleaning. Extra cleaning includes stain removal from carpets and linen and non-bagging of rubbish. We will also charge for loss of keys along with any call out charges incurred as a result of user error, noise complaints or replacement keys whilst using the property. Should money be taken from your bond there will also be a charge of £5 + VAT admin processing charge along with 1.95% card processing charge. If paying by cheque please make cheques payable to George & Josefina Smith for the amount of £200. Cheques should be sent to G.Smith, 16 Wynches Farm Drive St Albans, AL4 0XH. Should the Owners need to take any costs from the Customer, the cheque for the full amount will be cashed and the remaining amount sent back to you in the form of a return cheque along with your statement. The Owners’ decision on costings is final.
5. Cancellation: Our cancellation terms are as follows:
a. If a customer pays the full balance on time, they can receive a 50% refund of the total cost if they cancel at least four weeks before check-in.
b. If the customer cancels before paying the balance or does not pay the balance on time, the booking deposit is not refunded and the booking is cancelled automatically.
Occupation commences after 1530 (unless specifically stated otherwise), on the commencement date of the holiday and terminates at 0930 on the termination date of the holiday. A charge of £50 will be made for any late vacations with no exceptions. It is important that properties are vacated by the agreed time to ensure cleaners have sufficient time to make the property re-available for the next guests. Occasionally it may be possible to arrange a late departure time with prior arrangement via your agent although this cannot be guaranteed.
The property is equipped with bed linen, sheets and pillowcases. Linen and blankets for cots are not supplied and should be brought by the visitor. Beach towels are not provided.
Disclaimer: The Owners have taken every care to ensure the accuracy of property descriptions on their website and in their brochure, and all information is provided in good faith and is believed to be correct.
In the event that any individual term or clause stated in this contract is not permissible by law, the remainder of the Contract shall remain valid.
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Laws of England and shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the English Courts
This does not affect your statutory rights
10 OCEAN VIEWS
31 Mount Wise, Newquay, Cornwall TR7 2BH
Email : hello at tencoeanviews dot com